About NAWBO Southern Nevada
National Association of Women Business Owners® (NAWBO®) is the voice of America's 10.6 million women-owned businesses. Since 1975, NAWBO has helped women evolve their businesses by sharing resources and providing a single voice to shape economic and public policy. National Association of Women Business Owners is the only dues-based national organization representing the interests of all women entrepreneurs across all industries.
National Association of Women Business Owners started as an informal meeting of women business owners in the Washington, D.C. area who met to trade information about federal contracts, bank credit, and other business issues. Every few weeks, more women began attending the group and it became clear that there was a great need for a formal organization devoted to helping women business owners, so NAWBO was created.
Today the organization features chapters in almost every metropolitan area in the United States. By combining the knowledge, networks, and expertise of its diverse membership, board of directors, and staff, NAWBO works to:
- STRENGTHEN the wealth creating capacity of its members and promote economic development
- CREATE innovative and effective changes in the business culture
- BUILD strategic alliances, coalitions, and affiliations
- TRANSFORM public policy and influence opinion makers
Businesses range in size from sole proprietorship to hundreds of employees. Members hail from every business industry - from construction and importers, to retailers and service providers - and represent all areas of the country.
Membership is open to sole proprietors, partners, and corporate owners with day-to-day management responsibility. Active members who live in a chapter area automatically join both their local chapter and national. There is also an At-Large Chapter for women business owners outside the chapter areas.
Our Local Mission
NAWBO Southern Nevada educates, empowers and promotes women business owners to experience success in all economic, political and social arenas.
Informative and success driven monthly meetings which include time devoted to networking with other women entrepreneurs.
- Rapidly growing membership.
- Social events designed for fun and networking.
- Respected political voice both locally and Statewide.
- Awards to recognize the successes of our members and other women in Southern Nevada.
- Benefits from corporate partners and procurement opportunities.
NAWBO Southern Nevada thrives through volunteerism. Volunteers serve on various committees and there are many opportunities for members to engage. Click here to learn more about serving on a committee.
NAWBO Southern Nevada
P.O. Box 96355, Las Vegas, NV 89193